Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Sketch Design part 3

Yesterday I had a model making class. I learn how to make a very rough and quick model. Well actually I already had it last year with the sertificate class, but it's not bad at all... in fact it was really fun. I remember I was struggling last year, not much different this year (hey,.. this doesn't mean that i dont make any improvement). I mean, to be quick, bold, and spontanious is sometimes really hard. First, you have to fight with the time... 15 minutes is not bad actually.. or maybe it's just myself being slow.
I took some photographs and sketches of my model. From that model I have to extract 3 key qualities and bring forward to the next level of conceptual approach. The 3 key qualities that I found for my model are "indecisive", "intriguing", and "menacing". I get these words by analysing my model.. By physical aspect, my model looks complicated, too much going on, which I don't like.. but I have to try to like it if I want other people to like it as well. It gives scary feeling when I sketch it. I imagined that the model is around 8 metres high, so that people can go inside and explore at the same time. By the time they were exploring the space, I suddenly imagined that the space can move and start to capture the poeple inside. Ha ha bet you don't want to come visit my space if it's really built.
Okey... now I have to think how to connect it with the word "duality" and the site, yes.. the site. I'm thinking to use a green space. So my choices will be the Grove Park, Calverley Park, or the woodland at London Road. Well, maybe I should narrow it down to either Grove Park or the woodland. Calverley Park wont create a scary feeling for the space. don't you think so..?











1 comment:

Raina said...

Great sketches. I think you have really exposed the qualities of your model. I can't wait to see the design that you have generated from these concepts.