Tuesday, February 28, 2006

CHINA at the Royal Academy of Arts

Royal Academy of Arts has the exhibition of "CHINA- The Three Emperors". I went there couple of weeks ago. Basically the exhibition tells about the three emperors that are the most renowed rulers of China's last dynasty, the Qing (1644-1911). They are known by the titles of their reigns, Kangxi, Yongzheng, and Qianlong, and were descended from the Manchu rulers who invaded China and overthrew the Ming dynasty (1386-1644).
The exhibition exhibits all the art in that era, from the daily equipments, paintings, calligraphy, etc... Ou well... about the exhibition.. it was really good. To see all the Chinese cultures... Don't really like the Chinese robes though... Loves the calligraphy... even though I don't understand... not even a single characted.. Yeah I know.. what a shame for Chinese like me.
And the painting.. I think it has a very different techniques with the western painting... Chinese paintings looks more technical.. Almost all the landscape paintings I saw that day were in axonometry. And very detail aswell... until you kinda lost the focus...













No comments: